- Have you checked for redundancies, repetitions, homonyms and other word choice issues?
- Have you used all the senses?
- Is the writing more active than passive?
- Have you over-used modifiers?
- Have you checked for malapropisms and Tom Swifties?
- Have you used the proper language for the time period and geographic area in your book?
- Have you used the correct customs and manners for the time period and area?
- Is your history correct? Don’t invent or discover something before it’s been done in reality and don’t misplace actual historical people or places.
- Have you check the housing, transportation, food, dress, etc. for the time period?
- Have you kept a time line so your scenes follow a logical path?
- Have you checked for consistencies not only in time line, but also with characterizations?
- Have you used or overused similes and metaphors?
- If you used a motif, did you use the same one consistently